Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Passion.

hmm...Blogger has kinda died after Spring Break. Maybe it was just a phase, or maybe we are just too busy. I wish I had more time to blog, but it seems like school is just eating up all of my time. Actually, I think I am just wasting it all.

The other day, Melissa and I were talking about our passion. We both want to do something that will make a difference, but it is kinda hard because who will actually listen or trust teenagers to try to make a change. Or, it could just be the excuse that teenagers use because they do not want try to make a difference. So, I am wondering what I could possibly do. Melissa said how she wanted to stop abortion, but that, along with many others, are such touchy subjects that we would probably never even be allowed to work with those topics. But, I want to do something that focuses on a social issue.
Off the top of my head:
  • Getting involved at an elderly home. There is one literally down the street from my house, but I don't know if they accept volunteers.
  • Working with other teens that are going through personal issues such as depression or eating disorders.
  • Working with pregnant teens that have nowhere else to go, like their parents have kicked them out of the house, and helping them realize that they do have more options than they think they have.
I really want to find this passion at least before the end of summer. Actually, I want to find this passion by the beginning of summer, that way, I can try to do something in the summer that relates to it.

2 comments:

Jasmine Lee said...

Hi Rosanna! Go read the comment I made on Melissa's blog about finding her passion. Have a nice day!

-Jas

Melissa Yam said...

Rosannaaaa did you pinpoint the passion yet haha? The things you listed sound very doable...do you think we can form an organization that focuses on one of those areas? I'm really partial to the idea of uplifting/helping people with depression. I wouldn't know how, what, or where, but we can always learn lol. How does a support group for depressed people sound? Read John's blog; he says the solution to everything is bringing them all God's Word. For every passion we can possibly come up with, I think that is a very good solution to everything. But it would be nice to be specific too huh. And yeah, I we're like kids, but I do think we can make a difference! If we can affect even one person through out passion to help others, I think it would be allll worth it.