Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Great Depression II?

Does anyone find this kinda scary?

It may be depressing to think about, but it is pretty true. After just learning and reading about the Great Depression in AP Euro and learning about the effects that it had on the United States economy, it really scares me that we could be on the verge of a sequel very soon. I never want to think that our economy could enter a crisis like this, but it is very likely. I wish that I could pretend like these types of problems did not exist, and that they would go away, but it doesn't work that way.

2 comments:

Jasmine Lee said...

Hi! Thinking that mighty America would eventually crumble to pieces is a terrifying thought. I remember that Mr. Leong compared America to back-then Rome, how Rome, like the US, was on top of the world, but eventually came to its downfall. There is so much disaster going around us right now, and it indeed scares me. Have a nice day!

Jas

Melissa Yam said...

Omgosh, I remember that lecture too! And how America isn't like mentioned in the Bible or something..so that means we are near end times. Depressing. And America is going downhill..yeah, my mother says that everyday.