Sunday, May 11, 2008

Finally.

After months of dreading May 9, it is finally over. I do not think that I have ever felt so accomplished before. I was so jittery and nervous before the test, but when it was finally over and we were dismissed, I don't think I have ever seen a happier and relieved group of students. However, I cannot believe that we have finished our first AP class. I remember thinking in middle school that I had all the time in the world to slack off before things get real for college, but I'm starting to realize that there really is no more time to slack off. Everything we do now in school really does matter.
The really strange thing is that I have dreaded Euro for more than three-quarters of the school year, but recently when I started to review, I realized how interesting history really is. I never imagined that I would every say that after AP Euro. But looking at history in perspective, seeing how all the events before the French Revolution led to a bloody revolution and how all the countries in Europe manage to engage themselves in World War I is pretty fascinating stuff. Hopefully, sitting through what we thought were hours of dreadful lecture and nearly pulling out all of our hair the night before the exam paid off. I guess we will find out in July.

1 comment:

Melissa Yam said...

AP Tests bring out the wild wild horrifying side in us. At least for me lol. I replayed the events of the last couple weeks, and MAN, WAS I UGLY! haha. I failed the test, but even so, I don't think I'd regret taking the class. You're right; history is a lot more interesting now..now that we actually understand it. And I also learned A LOT about myself taking this exam. I think I definetely know what I'd do different next year. And actually the cramming last minute was kind of fun! So all in all,this was a good learning experience huh?