Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Era of Change

Today was the Inauguration of Barack Obama, and I have to say that today just feels so positive. Maybe it is because it is history in the making, maybe it is because he is the new president, but it just felt so different. Bush has been president for exactly 50% of my life, so I can't really remember anyone else as president. Even though I am not criticizing the last president, I am saying that there are a lot of problems out there, and America has a long recovery ahead of her, but it seems like, today, everyone was willing to come together and just celebrate. There was no economy, there was no war, there was no animosity. It was just a good feeling that America has not felt in a long time and I think it was long overdue.
The word hope and change seems like it has been overused in more ways that one, but I can't help but feel hopeful for some type of change. It seems like America is looking up for once in a long time, and I can't help but smile.

1 comment:

Melissa Yam said...

His speech made me feel hopeful too. Hopeful and worried about getting disappointed lol. But I think things can only go up from here. Or at least I hope so.